Code of Conduct
In keeping with Parkland School Division's expectations for conduct, SGCHS students shall:
- Attend school regularly and punctually;
- Be ready to learn, and actively engage in and diligently pursue their education;
- Ensure that their own conduct contributes to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging;
- Respect the rights of others in the school;
- Refrain from, report and not tolerate bullying or bullying behaviour directed towards others in the school, whether or not it occurs in the school building, during the school day or by electronic means;
- Comply with the rules of the school;
- Co-operate with everyone authorized by the board to provide education programs and other services;
- Be accountable to their teachers and other school staff for their own conduct; and
- Positively contribute to their school and community.
Division Expectations for Conduct
In Parkland School Division, all members of our school community are expected to promote and demonstrate respect, civility and responsible citizenship.
With these goals in mind, everyone must:
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and their opinions.
- Acknowledge the right of everyone to be treated with dignity, at all times.
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need.
- Use non-violent means to resolve conflict.
- Honour the role(s) of persons in positions of authority.
- Show care and regard for school property and the property of others.
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
We are all models for the kinds of citizens we desire to be. We teach and learn by example.