This introductory course will have students spending a considerable amount of time outside interacting with the natural world and experiencing the environment through all five senses. This course will draw from CTS strands in Agriculture, Environmental Stewardship, Wildlife and Health Services.
While reconnecting with nature, students will enhance their skills through:
- Growing and processing their own food
- Interacting with animals (both farm animals and wildlife)
- Taking part in community projects
- Learning how different cultural groups interact with their environments
- Examining the conservation of our natural world
This course will be designed to challenge students to “seek discomfort” by “disconnecting in order to re-connect”.